How to set up a mailing panel
Download: Mailing Panel Example
This is the mailing panel of a postcard that is set up to maximize postage savings and minimize hassles with the U.S. Postal Service. This particular card is 6 x 9 inches, but you can adapt these instructions to any size postcard up to 6.125 x 11.5 inches (the maximum size that a card can mail at a discounted rate).
1. Return address is clearly shown.
2. Indicia placement (or room to place a stamp).
3. In the address area, there are no heavy tints or ghosted images that might interfere with the USPS’s scanners.
4. The address area is at least 4 inches wide; this allows the mailshop to add an address barcode, which means additional postage discounts.
5. The “live area” – all the important copy and art – is at least ¼ inch from the trim marks.